Listing quality refers to the completeness and accuracy of your listing. Renters want to see listings with quality photos and descriptions that are accurate representations of the unit they will view in person.
An incomplete or inaccurate listing could urn the renter away from inquiring about your advertised unit and instead towards another agent who has a better listing for the same unit. It can also lead to disappointment and the feeling of being bait-and-switched.
Do the following to create a complete and accurate listing:
- Include high-quality photos! RentHop allows agents to upload up to 20 images and floorplans (the more the better). Photos that are 640×420 or that have an equivalent width:height ratio work best.
- Pro Tip: If you’re working with open listings and getting photos from broker blasts, we recommend accessing the unit on your own time to take your own unique photos!
- Provide a detailed description and list all available apartment features and building amenities. Use proper grammar and avoid ALL CAPS,*~$pecial Characters***, and emojis 🔥 as renters interpret these kinds of listings as fraudulent. Be as clear and accurate as possible. See our instructions on Listing Description here.
- Make sure the address matches the location popping up on the map. The location of the listing on the map is automatically generated from the address you’ve provided to our system.
- Include the full street address, i.e. 1 John Street in the first address field so RentHop knows which building you’re listing. Including the full address in this section is required, this does not display the full address to renters on the site.
- Complete the display address according to your preference. Since we are open listing friendly, we understand that agents may not want to include the full street address in their listing. However, if agents advertise an exclusive, providing the full street address will give them a boost in their HopScore. The Display Address field can only contain the full address, or the street name, or the cross streets of the listing. It cannot contain extraneous language about your listing such as “washer and dryer”, “great opportunity”, etc. Make sure to also use proper grammar in this section, avoiding the use of ALL CAPS, $pec!al C#aract*ers, and emojis 💯.