RentHop - Jobs
No matter where you're moving to, finding a new home is hard. We're making it better. Join us on our quest to modernize apartment rentals.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email. All positions are for our Midtown, New York office. Playing NYC volleyball is a plus but not required. We also love team Escape Rooms! Also, if you are a current college undergraduate or a graduating high school senior entering a college undergraduate program, consider applying to the RentHop College Scholarship. Those who have an interest in marketing, business development, PR, or engineering are also welcome to accept an optional internship with RentHop.
We’re looking for a full time Sales Associate with a background in real estate (having experience in both rentals and sales listings is a huge plus). If you were previously a real estate broker/agent or a management company leasing representative, this could be a great role for you! In addition, we'd want someone with a strong interest in technology given that our company is very data/tech driven.
The ideal candidate is a detail oriented, self-starter who’s comfortable wearing different hats and getting involved in the process of building a startup. If you’ve ever wanted to start a fast-growing web business yourself, this is the role for you. You must be adaptable and approach challenges with a solution-oriented mentality.
What you’ll be doing
- Prospect for new customers who would benefit from advertising their listing inventory on our site across the nation through cold calling, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns and/or support requests as sales opportunities.
- Interact with customers and prospects on a daily basis via calls and emails to develop strong relationships.
- Understand the value proposition behind each of our marketing products for different real estate advertiser types.
- Accurately understand the customer's needs and relay them to the rest of the team.
- Vocalize your knowledge of trends, market conditions, and advertising tendencies based on market.
- Host monthly training sessions for prospective and current customers advertising on our site.
- Generate internal sales reports for our team to track sales revenue, opportunity status, pipeline health. Knowledge of Excel or CRM systems would be helpful in the role.
In addition, the Sales Associate will be working closely with the Operations and Support team to ensure the success of advertisers utilizing our site and services.
Note: This is a full-time, salaried position. To eliminate conflicts of interest, you will no longer be allowed to act as a real estate agent or broker.
Full Stack Senior PHP Engineer - Based in Taipei
Join our engineering office in Taipei! Our Taiwan team handles full-stack php web development, data feed processing, API integrations, and quantitative analysis. We are looking for 2 engineers to join one or more of these projects.
RentHop and RealtyHop are two profitable and rapidly growing real estate platforms in the US. We serve over 1 million unique visitors each month looking to buy, rent, sell, or lease their residential properties. Our paying customers include the full spectrum of real estate entities, from very large management firms down to individual small landlords with 1 unit. We are very similar to "591" in Taiwan, for finding houses and apartments.
As a full-stack engineer, you will work with our product, design, and support teams to manage all aspects of the product. The database architecture, server framework, security, payment processing, content hosting, and 3rd party data integrations are all challenging components that must work together seamlessly into a friendly user experience.
You will join our existing Taipei development team, working out of the office near Taipei City Hall. Each week you and your team will meet directly with the CEO, Managing Director, and Product Managers as we expand the userbase to the next level.
Transferring to the New York office is also possible in future years, but for the majority of 2022, must be full-time in Taipei. To apply, send an email with your information to email@example.com.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in computer science
- Fluent in English - comfortable discussing technical terms in English
- Experience in real estate or real estate finance a plus
- Data processing, Machine learning, or MVC frameworks also highly desirable
UX / UI Graphical Designer - Based in Taipei
(Note: If it isn't already obvious, fluent Mandarin is a strong plus for the Taipei-based roles. However, fluent English is also still a requirement.)
Junior Data Scientist
We love data. We love real estate. While some people see boring statistics, we see exciting untold stories about consumer behavior and neighborhood trends. We are sitting on years of proprietary rental and sales data, so if you enjoy living and breathing data, we have a dream playground for you. Every month we publish data studies and interactive widgets showcasing our latest findings. We have a long list of interesting data experiments to run, and we can always use new and fresh ideas in our brainstorming sessions. Bring your creativity and your favorite analysis package and we are ready to roll! The pipeline for publishing studies includes:
- Brainstorming a cool idea
- Analyzing the data to explore the hypothesis
- Build an interactive tool to showcase the finding
- Write a report describing the key takeaways
- Interview with reporters and bloggers for publications
For those who aren't used to dealing with reporters -- don't worry, it's fun getting your name published and journalists love data geeks.
- Expertise in extracting, cleaning, analyzing and manipulating data
- Eagerness to learn a breadth of skills from publishing studies to building infographics
- Curiosity and creativity around real estate or neighborhood living
- Initiative and independence to work in small teams
We spend far too much on Google Adwords and FB marketing with little optimization and not nearly enough intelligent targeting. We know we can do better. Join and take over the sizable marketing budget and lead our expansion efforts to Boston, Chicago, and the rest of the nation. We're open to many creative ideas! For example, you could:
- Grow and lead a team of bloggers passionate about real estate.
- Work with our designer to generate revamped offline and online creatives.
- Collaborate with our PR firm to help spread the word.
- Propose anything wild or crazy; it beats giving more money to Google and Facebook.
- Bonus points if you want product management or business development responsibilities.
Benefits and Perks For All Positions
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Amazing office space and amenities in Midtown, NYC (block from Grand Central) and our Taipei branch.
- Whatever equipment you need (4 monitors? Laptop? Beanbag? Tea shots?)
- Daily team lunches (but order whenever you want from Seamless)
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the office
- An intelligent, laid back office environment. We care about the quality of your work above all else!
- Career development opportunities: work with experts across the entire organization and gain insights into building a high growth startup
- Solve big problems - we have millions of monthly views, and we are a profitable graduate of Y Combinator