The city has an extremely family-friendly vibe throughout its streets, and feels very safe. You will see numerous different parks and excellent schools scattered throughout Coral Springs, many of which will be full of children and their parents. The city has strict building and property codes, which ensures that the aesthetic appeal throughout the city is top notch. Also, being that this place only became a city around 50 years ago, you likely won’t find too many old and decrepit buildings. Everything here feels fairly modern and very few buildings offer up a traditional vibe, like you may feel in a place like Boston or New York.
So while the city is simply fantastic for families, it is a perfectly acceptable place to live and rent as a single person. The city has a vibrant and diverse economy, above average levels in terms of wealth and a consistently low employment rate, which all make it great for everyone, not only families.
The city has won awards based on its low crime and livability, and is definitely one of the “best kept secret” locations in South Florida. While it is not only the beach, it is only a short drive away. The nightlife here isn’t non-existent, but is definitely a far cry from other places like Miami.
The area where Coral Springs currently sits used to be marsh land. The land was eventually drained and used as farmland. However, after a real estate boom in the area, the area was purchased by developers and the city was incorporated in 1963. The population of the city grew rapidly, which led to many new schools, malls, and parks being built. The city has continued to develop over the years and is often called one of the best and safest places to live in all of the United States of America.
So with all the things that seem to be very positive about this city, the cost of living and rent is actually decently affordable. The average rent in Coral Springs is around $1500, which is less than other cities in the area, even though it has a very solid reputation. There are also many different options for living in Coral Springs that depend on your tastes, budget, and preferences. If you prefer an apartment less than 10 years old with modern amenities, that is easily available due to the rapid development. If you prefer more traditional and family living in a house or town home, those are also out there for you to rent and live in.
While rent can get more expensive based on where you decide to live and the type of building you choose, you will have no problem finding an affordable place to rent if that is what you are after.
Far and away the most popular way of getting in and around Coral Springs is by driving. The streets are quiet and clean, making driving here a very enjoyable and easy experience. In fact, well over 90% of residents in Coral Springs either drive or carpool to work every day. That is a huge number and proves just how drivable this city is.
However, if you don’t want to drive or don’t have a car, there are a few other options available for you. City bus rides are provided free of charge by the government and are a simple way to get around town. If you need to do some regional traveling to other suburbs or cities nearby, you can rely on Broward County Transit to help you out. Of course, with the weather in Florida being among the best in the country, walking and biking around Coral Springs is a great option too. While going across the city on foot or bike might be impractical, it can be great if you only need to travel a short distance.
- Doxa International University
- Atlantic Technical College
- Broward County – North Campus
- The Tall Cypress Natural Area is a nature preservation in Coral Springs that contains a dense canopy of trees. The area is home to hundreds of different kinds of plants and animals.
- The Broward Stage Door Theater is a performance arts center in Coral Springs that plays host to various different shows and performances. It is a non-profit venue with two different stages.
- Mullins Park is the largest park in all of Coral Springs at over 60 acres. It has dozens of different sports fields, a swimming pool, a playground and even a museum.
- The Coral Springs Museum of Art is one of the best museums in the area and is home to dozens and dozens of great exhibits. It features art of varying styles and offers an immersive experience for guests.
- Just walking down the streets can be a good time as it seems each and every property, home and lawn is given the utmost care and attention.
- One of the best and most famous things to do in the area is Butterfly World. Butterfly World is the largest butterfly park in the world with over 5000 butterflies and was the first park of its kind in the Western Hemisphere.
- Like many of the communities in this area of Florida, there are numerous small bodies of water and rivers in Coral Springs that are very beautiful to look at and visit.